Auto Accident Attorney Advice: Getting into an Accident in a Different State

Out-of-State Car Accident Advice from an Auto Accident Attorney

Car accidents are often extremely stressful. When you are traveling out of state and get into an accident, you have the added stress of being in an unfamiliar location.

The auto accident attorney team at Tolbert Beadle knows how complicated an auto accident can be, especially while traveling out of town. If you find yourself involved in a truck accident in Arkansas, for example, this guide is for you.

What Happens if I Get in an Accident Out of State?

If you get in an auto accident while traveling out of state, you may be worried about insurance and where to get the repairs to get your vehicle up and running again. While being in an unfamiliar location can seem like it will add additional stress to an already stressful situation, most insurance companies work to relieve some of that unnecessary stress. Most national insurance companies offer a 1-800 number to report a claim anywhere in the country. If you’ve been in an accident, trade insurance information, photograph any damages, and contact your insurance company for what to do next.
Many national insurance companies have in-network towing companies and auto mechanic shops in many cities across the country. The local insurance adjuster will work with you to find the right shop for any repairs if your car is unable to travel back home.

Does My Insurance Cover Out-of-State Car Accidents?

Most insurance companies have policies that cover you across the continental United States. If you have the minimum coverage for your state, however, you may not meet the minimum policy in other states. Luckily, most insurance companies will adjust your policy when you travel to another state to ensure that you are covered according to those laws. The adjustment is temporary but makes sure that you are in accordance with the necessary laws.

Can I Use an Auto Accident Attorney From My State?

The next concern you may have after you’ve been in an accident in another state is if you can use an auto accident attorney from your state. The short answer is yes, depending on the state. If your auto accident attorney is not licensed in the state where your case is being held, the attorney can petition the court to be allowed to represent you. Discuss the possibility of representation in an out-of-state jurisdiction with your auto accident attorney at Tolbert Beadle.

An Experienced Auto Accident Law Firm for Out-of-State Accidents

If you’ve been in an auto accident, you’ll need the help of an experienced auto accident attorney. The law firm of Tolbert Beadle has the knowledge and experience you need to get the compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation at Tolbert Beadle today.