Road Tripping Safety Tips from a Car Accident Attorney
Road trips through the mountains can be some of the most scenic and fun drives, especially during the summer! There’s nothing more enjoyable than feeling the fresh, clean air rush past your face as you drive up the ascending curves on a mountainside.
Unfortunately, our car accident attorney is all too familiar with the imminent dangers of mountain driving, and we want you to be as safe as possible while road tripping this summer. If you plan on driving through the mountains anytime this summer (or in the future) these simple tips can help ensure that you and your passengers remain safe at all times.
Here are 5 Safety Tips for Driving Through the Mountain
- Make sure your vehicle is in pristine condition. Before you head out, check your tire tread, brakes, windshield wipers and exhaust system. Being stranded on the top of a mountain is never ideal, so our car accident attorney always recommends checking to make sure the various parts of your vehicle are all working properly.
- Pack an emergency kit. If the worst does happen and your car breaks down or you are in an accident, you’ll want to make sure you have water, food, blankets and cooling pads on hand. It would also be best to make sure you have a spare tire that is in good condition if you happen to get a flat tire.
- Avoid venturing off-road. Our car accident attorney recommends not venturing off onto trails unless you have an off-roading vehicle. If you do, always let someone else know where you are, where you’re headed, and what time you expect to be back.
- Be aware of the narrow roads. Mountain roads are often more narrow than suburban or city roads, so drive carefully. Our car accident attorney always recommends watching the center line to be sure you’re not hugging it. Stay clearly centered in your lane at all times to avoid a collision with a vehicle coming around a corner or over a hill.
- Don’t speed downhill. It’s awfully tempting to race down the mountainside, but resist doing it. First and foremost, it’s really not safe. And second, it’s not easy on your brakes to continually ride them as you speed downhill. Instead, shift to your low gear so you don’t have to use your brakes as much.
Need a Car Accident Attorney? Call Tolbert Beadle, LLC
Even if you abide by the tips listed above, life is unpredictable and accidents can still happen. We sincerely hope you are not involved in any car accidents while road tripping through the mountains, but if you are, Tolbert Beadle, LLC is here for you. Our experienced car accident attorney will represent you and ensure you get the compensation you are due.
Call or contact us at Tolbert Beadle, LLC today to schedule a free consultation with our car accident attorney.