The roles of a children’s advocate and personal injury lawyer.
When it comes to our children, we strive to do our best to protect them and keep them out of harm’s way. There are many factors we need to take into consideration in a child’s everyday life such as bus route safety, dangers of cyber bullying, school safety, pedestrian regulations, etc. When our child’s safety is compromised, such as being severely bitten by an animal or taking a dangerous tumble down the stairs, we are not always sure what the next step is and what to do to improve the wellbeing of our children.
At Tolbert Beadle, we offer child person injury lawyer services to help answer your questions, increase the safety of your children and help you explore your legal options.
Does my child need a personal injury lawyer?
Below are a few of the common reasons parents consult a personal injury lawyer when a child has been injured in an accident or involved in a traumatic event.
- Car accidents
- Animal bites (typically dog bites)
- Faulty products
- Unexplained accidents
Although these are the most common incidences that bring children to a personal injury lawyer, if you are ever in doubt or unsure about seeking a children’s attorney, do not hesitate to contact Tolbert Beadle.
What is the role of a child personal injury lawyer and advocate?
- Meetings and Investigations: One role of your child’s personal injury lawyer is to conduct meetings and investigations. The attorney will meet with the child to discuss wishes, concerns and point of views. The lawyer will also meet with parents and other parties involved in the incident.
- Records: Your child’s personal injury lawyer will also review and request any necessary medical records such as x-rays or doctor visits.
- Evaluation: In addition to medical records, the lawyer may request that your child receive additional physical or mental health evaluations.
- Hearings: The child’s attorney will also attend all hearings, advocate for the wishes and experiences of the child and discuss suggestions.
- Updates: Your child’s personal injury lawyer will also keep you and your child up-to-date with the status of your case and any changes that may occur.
Learn More About Child Safety, Advocacy and Personal Injury Lawyers with the Tolbert Beadle Newsletter
At Tolbert Beadle, our personal injury lawyers are concerned about the health and safety of your children. We stay current with all changes in safety regulations and strive to help you discover your legal options for you and your children. View and subscribe to our Newsletter to learn more about the protection, rights and advocacy of children.